You might be feeling a little behind on the basics if you’re new to the PlayStation 4 system. You might not know how to connect ps4 controller to ps4, for instance. While the controllers may be used wirelessly once they’ve been charged, you’ll need to utilize the micro-USB cord that came with them to get going. However, you may link up to four controllers to your ps4 in one go, the process will vary for the first one than it is for the rest.
So here is all you need to know about connecting and charging your ps4 controllers.
Additionally, ps4 game controllers can also be connected to other devices, including iPhones, Androids, Macs, and PCs.
What is the best way to connect your PS4 controller to your PS4 console?
Here are two scenarios in which a ps4 controller may be used with a PS4 console:
Connect your new PS4 controller to PS4 using a USB cord-
- Follow these simple steps if you’re using a wired PS4 controller:
1) Turn on your PS4 console by pressing the power button.
2) Connect the opposite end of your PS4 controller cable to your console’s USB port.
3) Press and hold the PS button on your controller for around 3 seconds.
4) Once your wired PS4 controller is connected, the console will recognize it.
- Follow these simple steps if you’re using a wireless PS4 controller:
1) Turn on your PS4 console by pressing the power button.
2) Connect your USB cable’s micro port to your PS4 controller. This micro USB port is located at the rear of your controller.
3) Insert the USB cable’s opposite end into the console.
4) Press and hold the PS button on your controller for around 3 seconds.
5) Once connected, you can use your wired ps4 controller. You may now disconnect the USB cord and play your games wirelessly.
6) It is simple to add another controller using the same USB cord and create a New User on the dashboard.
Connect your wireless controllers to PS4 without a USB cord-
1) Go to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth Devices on your PS4 dashboard (via a ps4 remote control or a connected PS4 controller).
2) Tap and hold the SHARE and PS buttons on your PS4 controller (the one you wish to connect) for about 5 seconds.
3) The Bluetooth Devices panel should now show your PS4 controller. Choose it.
4) At this point, your PS4 controller should be linked to your console. Enjoy great times with your games.
How can you link a PlayStation 4 controller to an iPhone or iPad?
Without any assistance, discovering how to pair ps4 controller to an iPhone might be difficult and unpleasant. But if you follow the instructions below, you should be able to sync your fave controller with your preferred mobile games in less than a moment.
1) Make sure your Apple device is running iOS 13/ iPadOS 13 or later. Next, go to your Settings app and select Bluetooth from the menu.
2) Take your controller and alternately tap and hold the PS button (the center button with the Playstation logo) and the Share button (the little button to the right of the D-pad and to the left of the touchpad).
3) Hold on to those buttons until the back of the controller’s light begins to double-blink and then pause periodically. Hopefully, it will only take a few seconds. The playstation controller will flicker slowly without resting if you let go too soon, but your iPhone or iPad will not notice.
4) Check the iOS/ iPadOS Bluetooth Settings menu under ‘Other Devices’ after the controller starts illuminating. Once the controller is in pairing mode, the name ‘PS4 wireless controller’ should show.
5) Select the controller, and the controller will pair ps4 controller and appear in ‘My Devices’ in a couple of moments. The controller light will turn a solid pinkish-red after it has been synchronized.
6) If the controller is flashing properly but is ps4 controller not connecting, you most likely waited too long for the controller to exit pairing mode. Press and hold the buttons once more, then swiftly hit the ‘Other Devices’ selection. At this moment it must function.
How can you link a PlayStation 4 controller to an Android phone?
Your phone must be powerful enough to run Android 10 or higher in order to connect to your ps4 controller through Bluetooth. If it can’t, you’ll need to connect via cable or get a new Android phone.
So, here below are the steps on how to connect ps4 controller to your android phone?
1) Go to the Settings menu. The processes may differ depending on your phone, however on stock Android, go to Connected devices > + Pair a new device.
2) Tap and hold the PS (the center button with the Playstation logo) and the Share (the little button right of the D-pad and left of the touchpad) buttons on your controller at the same time.
3) As previously said, you must press these buttons until the rear LED lights up in a double-blink pattern; if you release them too soon, your phone will not recognize them.
4) Once the PS4 is in pairing mode, it will display under ‘Available devices’ as ‘Wireless controller,’ which you may choose.
5) To establish the connection, press it, then hit ‘Pair.’ The LED should acquire a single solid color, in this example blue.
Also read: 12 Best Gaming Desk In 2021
How can you link a PlayStation 4 controller to a PC?
If you want to run your gaming controller ps4 on your PC without Steam, you may connect it through Bluetooth (if your laptop has Bluetooth built-in) or via USB with a free application that allows the controller to function with Windows.
So, here below are the steps on how to connect ps4 controller to your PC?
1) A PS4 controller may be connected to your PC through a USB cable or Bluetooth.
2) If you just want to use the PS4 controller with Steam games, simply attach it to your PC via USB connection and it will work.
3) To utilize the PS4 controller with other games, connect it through Bluetooth or use an application called DS4Windows to effortlessly configure it.
The simplest way to do it: If you use Steam to play all of your PC games, all you need is a USB cord to connect your PS4 controller to the computer. It will be automatically recognized and will run in any Steam game that accepts cool ps4 controllers.
Connect your PS4 controller using Bluetooth-
1) In Windows, go to the Start option and click the Settings icon, which looks like a gear. It’s housed just above the Power button.
2) Type “Bluetooth” into the Windows Settings search box. Click “Bluetooth and other device settings” from the dropdown menu of suggested search results.
3) Ensure that Bluetooth is enabled.
4) Make sure your PS4 is turned off or in standby mode, and that the controller isn’t attached to it. For at least three seconds, press and hold the PS and Share buttons on the controller until the light at the top of the controller begins to flash.
5) As the next step, choose “Add a Bluetooth device” from the drop-down menu.
6) Select “Bluetooth” from the Add a Device screen.
7) In the list of available devices, select “ps4 wireless controller.” If you are prompted to input a code, simply type “0000.”
8) Your controller should seamlessly connect.
Connect your PS4 controller without Bluetooth-
Using a service called DS4Windows, you can connect your controller even if your PC doesn’t have Bluetooth.
1) Go to GitHub and get DS4Windows. Look for the most recent version on the page – it should be “DS4Windows 1.7.17 x64.zip” as of this writing – then click the zip version of the file.
2) DS4Windows can be installed by opening the Zip file and clicking DS4Updater.
3) Use a USB cord to connect ps4 controller to your PC.
How to sync a PS4 controller?
It’s simple to connect a PlayStation 4 controller to a PlayStation 4, but you’ll need one piece of hardware: a USB to Micro-B connector. There is no wireless alternative for connecting ps4 controllers over Bluetooth, therefore you’ll need a cable to link up new controllers with your PS4. A USB 2.0 to Micro-B cable is included with your PS4 controller, but any USB 2.0 to Micro-B cable will work.
Follow these simple steps if you’re wondering about: how to sync ps4 controller?
1) Connect the USB cord to the controller, then to the PlayStation 4’s USB port.
2) Kudos to the USB cord, your controller should easily bind to your PS4 when you switch it on.
3) To activate the playstation 4 controller, press the PlayStation button in the center of the controller. After that, the PS4 should lead you to the login page, where you may select a player account for that controller.
4) The LED indicator bar on the head of the controller will become blue (or another color if it isn’t the initial controller linked – red for player 2, green for player 3, and pink for player 4 when the controller is active. When the controller is charging but not switched on, the light on the wire turns yellow, indicating that it is charging.
Connectivity issues with the PS4: Troubleshooting
If your controller does not show on when you tap the PS button, check sure it is recharged by linking it into the PS4. It might be an issue with your USB cord or the controller’s inbuilt battery if the light bar doesn’t flash. If you have an additional cord on hand, you may use it to rule out the first alternative.
What to do if the ps4 controller wont connect? If it does not connect to the console wirelessly while being charged, the issue is with the Bluetooth connection of either your console or your controller. The defective controller is to blame if your other PS4 controllers operate wirelessly. You may still play with the controller linked to the console via USB, though.
Try resetting your PS4 controller if your ps4 controller wont connect.
1) There are various reasons why your PS4 controller won’t connect to your PS4. It is a common practice to try a different USB cable in case the original cable fails.
2) Additionally, you can push the reset button located behind the L2 button on the back of the PS4 controller to reset the device.
3) If your controller still won’t connect to your PS4, approach Sony for assistance.
What’s the best way to Reset the PS4 Controller?
A “soft reset” is the process of turning a computer or device off and switching it on again to clear memory and fix a variety of problems. We’ll additionally reset the connection between the controller and the console when we execute a playstation 4 controller soft reset. This is only possible if you have a second PS4 controller.
If you don’t have an additional controller, go straight to the hard reset guidelines.
A hard reset restores a gadget to its factory default settings, which are the same as they were when it was first purchased. Interestingly, the PS4 controller makes this simple.
Hence, to answer your question-how to reset ps4 controller? If you’re having trouble resetting your PS4 controller, use the techniques listed below.
1) To do a soft reset, navigate to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth Devices with an operational controller.
2) Select Forget Device from the Options menu after selecting the device you wish to reset.
3) For a hard reset, press that button inside the little hole on the back of the controller for five seconds with a straightened toothpick or a needle.
Also read: 16 Best Monitor For Ps5 In 2021
Still, experiencing problems with your PlayStation 4 controller?
If the difficulty with your playstation 4 controller persists, try rebooting your router or modem. Remember that you’ll lose Internet connection if you do this, so inform anybody else in the house before proceeding.
If you’re having trouble syncing your PS4 controller, try completing a hard reset with the network or modem switched off. If your device is still acting erratically after you’ve linked it, try using it without the network and modem. If it works, you’ll need to adjust your router’s Wi-Fi channel.
What Is the Best Way to Charge Your PS4 Controller?
While paired to the playstation 4 controller, the controller’s internal battery will regenerate. If you leave the controller plugged in while your PS4 is in sleep mode, it will continue to charge and the LED light will become yellow. When your controller runs out of battery, the lights will flash yellow, and you should see an on-screen notification asking you to plug it in.
While charging, the LED bar on the controller’s upper edge glows different hues depending on which player it is assigned to. Player 1 glows blue, player 2 glows red, player 3 glows green, and player 4 glows pink.